Low carb days, honestly, are the hardest part of Faster Way to Fat Loss. Especially that first week when it made me crave pancakes, pasta and all of the sugar! Once you go through two days of low carb, you’ll be shocked when you realize how many carbs you’ll be able to eat on a regular macro day, and that’s what gets me through Monday and Tuesday!
I don’t technically eat breakfast because I’m intermittent fasting. However, I do change up my coffee order just a little bit. There’s not a lot of wiggle room when you’re intermittent fasting, but I still like to save as many carbs as possible.
My coffee on a low carb day is typically a cold brew from the grocery store or a coffee shop with a sugar free syrup added to it. My favorite at-home coffee recipe is Stok Unsweet cold brew with a splash of sugar-free Hazelnut syrup. It tastes so good! If you’re looking for a Starbucks drink, get an iced coffee/cold brew/americano with sugar-free syrup or just one pump of your favorite syrup (one pump is typically 5 carbs) and a *splash* of cream/half and half. If they splash it, you tend to get a lot, so sometimes it’s best to do this on your own!
If I’m at home (Mondays) I’ll make a breakfast-y meal for lunch. If I’m in the office, I’ll usually pack some snacky items rather than a meal. These have been my favorite meals for lunchtime:
- Avocado Egg Wrap (2): An over-easy large egg on top of 1/2 of an avocado with Everything But the Bagel seasoning wrapped in a low-carb tortilla
- Raspberry Spinach Salad: Bed of baby spinach topped with feta cheese and a splash of raspberry-pecan vinaigrette.
- Slices of deli Roast Beef (my latest favorite)
- 1 Buffalo flavor + 1 Ranch flavor Starkist tuna packets
- Deviled eggs: Whole Foods has the best ones, but can someone explain why Kroger doesn’t make deviled eggs???
I pretty much eat the exact same things every week, so this isn’t the most inventive menu on Earth. But you gotta do what works!
- Taco Salad: Bed of shredded lettuce with taco-seasoned ground turkey, guacamole and pepperjack cheese (I don’t eat dairy free.)
- Bunless Burgers: Burger-seasoned ground beef topped with American cheese, shredded lettuce, mayo and a dash of ketchup
- Steak with veggies
Snacks + Dessert
I’m not a snack person, but I am a dessert person. I also really like to have some sort of snack before I workout or directly after if my meals won’t take place immediately after I exercise.
- Dark chocolate squares
- Raspberries topped with RX Vanilla Almond Butter
- Honey Vanilla Bourbon Pecans from Kroger
- No Cow protein bars
- Chocolate milk + protein powder: I really like Fairlife chocolate milk and the carbs on it are relatively low considering it’s sweetened
I’ve posted my halfway before-and-after results on my Instagram Story highlights, so go take a look at the transformation! If you’re interested in hearing more about Faster Way to Fat Loss, feel free to message me or my coach, Morgan Moyer, about the plan!
Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the very LAST day to sign up for the current round – they’re in prep week right now! Her next round will start May 27th and you can sign up here for either round!